These yummy hot chocolate recipes will co-co-cozy up your cocoa this Christmas eve! Because these are *very* special recipes for big kids only. (Like, over 21 kids.) We’re pretty sure Santa won’t mind if his cup has a little extra somethin’ somethin’ in it!
Here’s an easy (under 21) kid-approved recipe for basic hot chocolate from Martha Stewart / @marthastewart:
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick, 6 sprigs fresh mint, or 2 split vanilla bean (optional)
- 10 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate, cut into small pieces
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional
- Heat milk to scalding in a medium saucepan. Add cinnamon, mint, or vanilla, if desired. Let steep 10 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat; strain, and return to saucepan. Reheat milk; using a whisk, stir in chocolate until melted and milk is frothy. Serve immediately with a dollop of whipped cream garnished with chocolate shavings, if desired.
And now the fun part! Choose your booze and get merry with one of these grown-up variations!
1. Sherry Hot Cocoa from Rachel Ray / @rachaelraymag
2. Salted Butterscotch Hot Chocolate from Serious Eats / @seriouseats
3. Gingerbread Hot Cocoa from A Beautiful Mess / @abeautifulmess
And we swear any of these recipes taste a little better in your very own personalized mug… click here for our favorite snowman mug and a bunch of other awesome designs!
Clockwise from top right: Chicago’s Bang Bang Pie’s Butterscotch Meringue (for when you don’t want to bake!) | Joy The Baker’s Bourbon Pear Pumpkin Pie | The Pioneer Woman’s Nantucket Cranberry Pie | Smitten Kitchen’s Pumpkin Pie | Rachael Ray’s Apple Pie (click links for recipes!)
It’s high time for pie time! Thanksgiving is just around the corner and we’ve gathered up a few amazing recipes for some tasty T-Day pies. Can’t bake any of these delicious pies without a pie plate! Check out our new glass etched pie plates and bakeware, and stay tuned, more designs are coming soon for the holiday!
Summer cooking is all about embracing the season’s fresh veggies and fruit. Don’t waste your night stuck in the kitchen, whip up this crowd (and kid!) pleasing chocolate & fruit dessert, and a refreshing cocktail for the grown-ups!
Summer Fruit with White Chocolate Sauce
- 2 oz white chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 4 cups (1 lb) sliced fruit such as peaches, nectarines or apricots.
- 2 cups (8 oz) mixed berries
Place the chocolate in a food processor or blender. Pour the cream into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Remove from heat when you see tiny bubbles begin to appear and pour the cream over the chocolate. Process the chocolate and cream until smooth. Add the lime zest and process for a few seconds more. Let cool to room temperature. The sauce should be the consistency of thick cream.
Arrange the fruit on a platter and serve with cooled, white chocolate sauce.
Here we used peaches, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, sliced plums and apricots.
Treat the grown-ups to a refreshing light, summery cocktail to go with this delish dish. We like this citrus-inspired wine spritzer! (via Rachael Ray)
- 2 (1/4-inch) slices lemon
- 2 (1/4-inch) slices lime
- Ice cubes
- 4 ounces Pinot Grigio or other white wine
- 2 ounces lemon lime flavored seltzer water
In a large stem glass arrange slices of lemon and lime between ice cubes to fill the glass. Pour 4 ounces of white wine, 1/2 cup, and 2 ounces of sparkling lemon lime seltzer water, 1/4 cup, down over fruit and ice. Stir with cocktail stir-stick or straw and serve – check out our brand new personalized wine glasses for an extra special twist on happy hour!
** For the kiddos- mix some of the lemon-lime fizzy water with a little fruit juice or lemonade and serve in your “fanciest” cup!
Enter YOUR fave summer recipe in our Joy & Chaos contest by tagging your foodie pic #joyandchaossummer or e-mailing your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org – click here for details!
1. Basketball Cutie Treats by A Girl and a Glue Gun | 2. Basketball Birthday Party Decorations by Party Like Paula |
3. Personalized Basketball Gift Set by Psychobabyonline | 4. The Mug With a Hoop by Uncommon Goods |
5. Blackened Turkey Basketball Sliders by Hungry Happenings | 6. DIY Basketball Game by Meaningful Mama | 7. Basketball Nail Art by Polish Pals |
8. March Madness Party Decorations! (and Snacks) by B Lovely Events | 9. Final Four Basketball Cake by Devour the Blog |
10. Slam Dunk Cookies by Miss CandiQuik | 11. Personalized Name Game Water Bottle: Basketball by Psychobabyonline
Calling all Basketball Fans: Are you ready for MARCH MADNESS?!? Games start tonight and just in case you have been designated as the B-Ball Party House, we’ve compiled some awesome snacks, decorations and activities to keep the little ones distracted while you obsessively check your bracket and score ticker…
AND if you like what you see here, we’ve got plenty more to keep your little ballers happy all the way to the Finals! Check out our Play Ball Pinterest Board and hit the court! We mean the couch! Or if you’re feeling really adventurous and hungry – the kitchen!
Those who know me know that for better or for worse, I have few rules in my house. Sunday night dinner is a must. Our lives are so crazy busy during the week that it is a way to reconnect. It is usually loud and crazy, just the way I like it! My kids have come to expect this coveted meal and are actually disappointed the few times it doesn’t work out.
Below is my grandmother’s (or Nanny as we called her) famous Sunday night dinner meatball recipe. She didn’t have to call us to the table twice! I have made my version for years and while delicious, it never quite tasted like Nanny’s. I am grateful that my stepmom, Tristina, wrote down the original recipe and shared it with all of us grandkids.
I make a simple tomato basil sauce to cook these yummy meatballs in. Serve it with your favorite pasta, bread and salad. I often double the recipe and freeze it for an easy, weekday dinner.
Make great memories with your own custom recipe towel!
Share your favorite recipe with us at email@example.com. If your recipe is featured, we will send you a custom towel!