These yummy hot chocolate recipes will co-co-cozy up your cocoa this Christmas eve! Because these are *very* special recipes for big kids only. (Like, over 21 kids.) We’re pretty sure Santa won’t mind if his cup has a little extra somethin’ somethin’ in it!
Here’s an easy (under 21) kid-approved recipe for basic hot chocolate from Martha Stewart / @marthastewart:
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick, 6 sprigs fresh mint, or 2 split vanilla bean (optional)
- 10 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate, cut into small pieces
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional
- Heat milk to scalding in a medium saucepan. Add cinnamon, mint, or vanilla, if desired. Let steep 10 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat; strain, and return to saucepan. Reheat milk; using a whisk, stir in chocolate until melted and milk is frothy. Serve immediately with a dollop of whipped cream garnished with chocolate shavings, if desired.
And now the fun part! Choose your booze and get merry with one of these grown-up variations!
1. Sherry Hot Cocoa from Rachel Ray / @rachaelraymag
2. Salted Butterscotch Hot Chocolate from Serious Eats / @seriouseats
3. Gingerbread Hot Cocoa from A Beautiful Mess / @abeautifulmess
And we swear any of these recipes taste a little better in your very own personalized mug… click here for our favorite snowman mug and a bunch of other awesome designs!